The Enhancing Error Management of Pilot and Line Operation Safety Audit
Department of Aeronautical Science and Flight Operations, Korea National University of Transportation, Chungju, KoreaCorrespondence to:
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Korean J Aerosp Environ Med 2022; 32(2): 44-49
Published August 31, 2022
Copyright © Aerospace Medical Association of Korea.
- Airbus. A statistical analysis of commercial aviation accidents 1958 - 2021. Blagnac: Airbus; 2022. pp. 15-32.
- Dyer A. Military aviation crashes are again on the rise. Are ongoing safety and training issues to blame? [Internet]. San Diego (CA): The San Diego Union-Tribune; 2022 [updated 2022 Jul 22; cited 2022 Jul 30]. Available from: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/military/story/2022-07-22/military-aviation-crashes.
- Wiegmann DA, Shappell SA. A human error approach to aviation accident analysis: the human factors analysis and classification system. 1st ed. London: Routledge; 2003.
- Helmreich RL, Foushee HC. Why CRM? Empirical and theoretical bases of human factors training. In: Kanki B, Anca J, Helmreich R, editors. Crew resource management. 2nd ed. San Diego (CA): Academic Press; 2010. p. 3-57.
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Line operations safety audit (LOSA). ICAO DOC 9803. Montreal: ICAO; 2002, pp. 2-2-4-5.
- Choi JK, Kim CY. A study of the threats towards the flight crew. J Korean Soc Aviat Aeronaut 2010;18:54-59.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Advisory circular 120-90: line operations safety audits. Washington, D.C.: FAA; 2006. pp. 1-Apendix 5.
- Rankin W. MEDA investigation process. AERO 2007;2:15-21.
- Chi CF, Sigmund D, Lin YC, Drury CG. The development of a scenario-based human-machine-environment-procedure (HMEP) classification scheme for the root cause analysis of helicopter accidents. Appl Ergon 2022;103:103771. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2022.103771
- Merritt AC, Klinect J. Defensive flying for pilots: an introduction to threat and error management. Austin (TX): University of Texas Human Factors Research Project - The LOSA Collaborative; 2006. pp. 1-20.
- Helmreich RL, Merritt AC, Wilhelm JA. The evolution of crew resource management training in commercial aviation. In: Dismukes RK, editor. Human error in aviation. London: Routledge; 2009. p. 275-288.
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Manual of evidence-based training. Montreal: ICAO; 2013, pp. I-1-1-II-2-3.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA). Evidencebased training implementation guide. Montreal: IATA; 2013. pp. v-77.
- Zubowski DR. Applying lessons from safety-II proof of concept in line operational safety audit to aviation maintenance. J Aviation/Aerospace Education Res 2022;31:2. https://doi.org/10.15394/jaaer.2022.1904
- LOSA Collaborative [Internet]. Austin (TX): LOSA Collaborative; 2022 [cited 2022 Jul 30]. Available from: https://www.losacollaborative.com/.
- Dekker SWA, Lundström J. From threat and error management (TEM) to resilience. Hum Factors Aerosp Saf 2006;6:261-273.